Thorne’s Basic Nutrients III is formulated for individuals at low risk for iron deficiency, including men and postmenopausal women. A comprehensive multivitamin/mineral supplement that provides calcium, magnesium, and potassium as citrate mineral-chelate. Contains no copper or iron as many individuals don’t need iron, including women who no longer menstruate and most men. Although copper is an essential cofactor for many enzymes, some individuals have developed copper toxicity due to diseases or external exposure to copper.
Basic Nutrients III provides tissue-ready folate in the form of 5-MTHF for individuals with methylation issues or poor conversion of folate to its active form. Contains the active, tissue ready forms of vitamins B2, B6, and B12, chromium is provided as an optimally absorbed nicotinate glycinate chelate.
Basic Nutrients III Benefits:
• Includes optimal amounts of two key minerals, calcium and magnesium in highly absorbable chelate form.
• Vitamin A promotes eye health, healthy skin, and immune function
• Vitamins C and E and mixed tocopherols provide antioxidant support for cellular protection
• Vitamin D promotes strong bones and healthy immune function
• B vitamins, including tissue-ready forms of folate and B12, support heart, blood vessel, and nerve health
• Zinc bisglycinate is a highly absorbable form of zinc that benefits immune function and skin health
• Chromium supports healthy blood sugar levels
• Contains No copper or iron
Directions: Take 3-6 capsules daily or as recommended by your health-care practitioner.
This product is contraindicated in an individual with a history of hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients.
Iodine may occasionally cause an allergic reaction in some individuals.
Consult your health professional before using this product If pregnant.
Iteractions/Contraindications: 5-methyltetrahydrofolate (5-MTHF) supplementation is not recommended concurrent with methotrexate cancer therapy, as it can interfere with methotrexate’s anti-neoplastic activity; however, this folate source has not been shown to interfere with the anti-inflammatory activity of methotrexate. An individual taking methotrexate for psoriasis or rheumatoid arthritis can safely take a supplement containing folate