L. plantarum has special features compared to other forms of Lactobacillus species.
- It’s unique genome allows this bacteria species to more easily adapt to different environmental conditions.
- It has a high tolerance for high acidic environments, such as the acidity of the stomach.
- It’s a species naturally found in high concentrations in lactic acid-fermented foods, such as sauerkraut, capers, and brined olives, as well as grape juice and wine.
- It has a pronounced ability to adhere to the mucosal cells in the GI tract.
- It has proven colonisation in the intestines.
- L. plantarum is a major representative of the Lactobacillus flora in the GI tract of healthy individuals.
- It demonstrates an antibiotic resistance profile analyzed by Minimal Inhibitory Concentration testing.
Thorne’s FloraPro-LP Probiotic – L. plantarum 6595 special features include:
A proprietary Bio-Tract® technology that protects this probiotic strain of bacteria from destruction by stomach acid. This technology also provides a controlled, extended release delivery that first begins to release content after the ingredient reaches the small intestine. FloraPro-LP provides a small spheres (8 mm), which allows for ease of dosing, even in children.
Directions: Take 1 pearl tablet daily with a meal or as recommended by your health professional.
Allergy Warning: This product is contraindicated in an individual with a history of hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients.
This product contains an ingredient derived from soy (Rice Bran Extract).
Pregnancy Warning: If pregnant, consult your health professional before using this product.
Interactions: There are no known adverse interactions or contraindications at publication date.
Disclaimer: The information on Confidere & Co’s website is not intended to self diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Always consult with a health care practitioner or doctor if you have any pre-existing medical condition or currently taking medication. Confidere & Co recommends you always read the label, warnings and interactions before use. Follow the directions and only use as directed. If symptoms persist please consult with a health care practitioner.