Quercetin is a type of plant compound called a flavonoid (a fancy name for a plant pigment) that contributes to the natural, vibrant colours of fruits and vegetables like apples, onions, berries, and tea. Flavonoids function as antioxidants, seeking out damaging free radicals and neutralising them. Free radicals are caused by the daily oxidative stress placed on our bodies, and they are linked to cellular damage, accelerated ageing, and chronic health conditions.
Thorne’s Quercetin Phytosome offers the antioxidant benefits of a flavonoid, as well as its immune-supporting properties and the ability to support a healthy inflammatory response, which provides a range of health promoting benefits.
As a natural compound, quercetin is typically characterised by poor absorption into the bloodstream, which is why the quercetin used in Thorne products is provided as a quercetin phytosome. A quercetin phytosome complex enhances the benefits of quercetin by utilising phytosome technology to optimise the nutrient’s bioavailability. Thorne’s Quercetin Phytosome is up to 20 times more bioavailable than quercetin extract alone, for maximum benefit from a smaller amount.
Who can benefit from Quercetin Phytosome
- Anyone looking to support healthy immune function
- Individuals seeking support from the effects of seasonal allergies or hives
- Those looking to promote recovery and a healthy inflammatory response in the respiratory tract
- Biohackers looking to optimise sirtuin function and decrease senescent cells
- Anyone wanting to support a healthy ageing process
Immune and Allergy Support
Quercetin Phytosome offers a range of benefits for immune health – from general immune support, to nutritional support for seasonal allergy sufferers, to maintenance of a healthy respiratory tract. Quercetin plays a crucial role in moderating immune function through several different actions, such as:
- Supporting various types of immune cells that are necessary for an optimised immune response
- Benefiting allergy sufferers by helping to regulate histamine release
- Helping to support a normal inflammatory response, particularly in the respiratory tract
Unique Benefits for Healthy Ageing
Cutting-edge research is placing quercetin in the spotlight for healthy ageing because of new research that shows quercetin helps reduce cellular senescence. Senescent cells are malfunctioning cells that have stopped dividing but do not die and remain in the body. Environmental factors, along with regular ageing, causes a buildup of senescent cells, which can be associated with biological ageing and age-related disorders.
What makes Quercetin Phytosome a healthy aging superstar:
- Quercetin is one of only two nutrients that have been studied to reduce cellular senescence
- Quercetin up-regulates sirtuins (key regulators of cellular health) associated with improved weight-related metabolic factors at the cellular level
- The trio of antioxidant, sirtuin, and senescence support helps optimise healthy cellular ageing
Directions: Take 1 capsule two to three times daily with meals or as recommended by your health professional.
|Other Ingredients: Hypromellose Capsule, Leucine, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Silicon Dioxide|
Allergy Warning: This product is contraindicated in an individual with a history of hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients.
Pregnancy: If pregnant, consult your health professional before using this product.
Interactions: There are no known adverse interactions or contraindications at publication date.
Disclaimer: The information on Confidere & Co’s website is not intended to self diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Always consult with a health care practitioner or doctor if you have any pre-existing medical condition or currently taking medication. Confidere & Co recommends you always read the label, warnings and interactions before use. Follow the directions and only use as directed. If symptoms persist please consult with a health care practitioner.