Thorne’s D-5,000 contains 5,000 IU of high-quality vitamin D3 and is NSF Certified for Sport®. Although it is well known that direct sunlight is a natural source of vitamin D, many individuals, especially the elderly, don’t get enough vitamin D from sunlight or from their diet. Be sure you get the vitamin D your body needs with Thorne’s easily absorbed Vitamin D-5,000.
Vitamin D-5000 Benefits:
- Supports healthy teeth and bones*
- Promotes lean muscle mass and helps maintain muscle strength*
- Enhances the absorption and retention of calcium*
- Supports healthy brain function*
- Promotes cardiovascular health and immune function*
- Formulated with vitamin D3, a more potent and better absorbed form than vitamin D2
- Contains no lactose and no preservatives like BHT, BHA, sodium benzoate, and sorbic acid
People with a higher risk of a vitamin D deficiency are:
- Rarely go outdoors, live in the northern latitudes, or have a darker skin tone.
- Have limited sun exposure due to your occupation, clothing choices, or engage in indoor athletics rather than outdoor sports.
- Are an older adult (the risk of a deficiency increases with age beginning at age 50).
- Have a chronic health condition, such as a bowel disease or a surgical procedure (like gastric bypass) that decreases fat absorption
The optimal amount of vitamin D for an individual depends on many factors and varies from person to person. Therefore, the requirement for vitamin D supplementation should be individualised.
Directions: Take 1 capsule daily or as recommended by your health professional.
Other Ingredients: Hypromellose Capsule, Leucine, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Silicon Dioxide, Vitamin E (d-Alpha-Tocopheryl)
Pregnancy: If pregnant, consult your health professional before using this product.
Interactions: There are no known adverse interactions or contraindications at publication date.
Disclaimer: The information on Confidere & Co’s website is not intended to self diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Always consult with a health care practitioner or doctor if you have any pre-existing medical condition or currently taking medication. Confidere & Co recommends you always read the label, warnings and interactions before use. Follow the directions and only use as directed. If symptoms persist please consult with a health care practitioner.