Are you sticking to a good diet and frequent exercise – and struggling to lose weight? Don’t worry, you’re not alone. Confidere & Co specialises in helping people successfully and safely lose weight and transform their bodies at our wellness centre in Geelong.
There is a common misconception in the health industry that losing weight is simply a result of watching what you eat and getting on the treadmill – but the reality is much more complicated.
Each person’s unique physiology and biochemical make-up influences the way their body responds to diet and exercise – and impacts their ability to lose weight. While a good diet and exercise is obviously important, getting your physiology right is the first step to getting the body you want.
Our wellness centre is Geelong’s holistic health destination, offering expert consultants and a range of therapies and treatments to boost mind and body function and help our clients achieve optimum physiological function.
Common physiological and biochemical factors that inhibit weight-loss include:
- blood sugar issues – elevated or fluctuating blood sugar leads to insulin surges and causes hormone imbalances, inflammation and a slower metabolism
- stress – malfunctioning adrenal glands deliver high or low cortisol, affecting the metabolism, immune system, gastrointestinal system and sex hormones
- thyroid issues – the thyroid gland controls the body’s metabolic rate and affects the digestive and immune systems
- hormonal imbalances, including increased or unbalanced testosterone and estrogen
- toxicity – environmental toxins and malfunctioning body systems prevent the liver from effectively detoxifying the body.
At Confidere & Co, we understand each client is unique, with different symptoms – and we deliver a highly personal approach to weight-loss, targeting our clients’ particular needs.
Our experienced consultant knows how to detect imbalances in the body, and how to repair and boost body tissue, organs and body systems through cutting-edge therapies and individualised weight-loss programs.