Every cell in our body requires oxygen to function properly. Normally the air we breath is approximately 21% oxygen, our body’s use this oxygen we breath to receive energy from the foods we eat.
90% of our body’s energy comes from oxygen, and the other 10% from food and water. Our brain requires 20% of our daily oxygen intake to function properly, stress, injury, lack of sleep and pollutions deplete the amount of oxygen the body receives which contributes to lack of concentration and memory loss.
Mild Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy uses atmospheric pressure to raise oxygen levels throughout the body to improve general well-being and stimulates the body’s healing process.
The increase of oxygen enters the blood during oxygen therapy and is carried throughout the body. The red blood cells carry approximately 98% oxygen while plasma carries only 2%, through pressure oxygen is able to be dissolved into the blood plasma and delivered into body tissue, organs, brain and travels past any restriction of blood flow.
Oxygen imbalances or deficiencies can weaken the immune system, leaving you prone to viruses and diseases. The increased oxygen improves the immune system by increasing the white blood cells to kill viruses, bacteria and other microbes that cannot survive in an oxygen enriched environment. Poor oxygen flow symptoms can include fatigue, sluggishness, anger, depression, and even premature ageing.
Oxygen therapy is an outstanding treatment for athletes to assist and enhance sports performance and allows for the conversion of oxygen into ATP for energy. Oxygen stimulates the growth of new blood vessels for improved blood flow, increases blood circulation to the brain to activate the brain for mental alertness, helps speed up your recovery time from injuries especially soft tissue injuries and fatigue faster. Besides the healing capacity, a 60 minute oxygen therapy session is identical to 2 hours of aerobic exercise and fatigue recovery can be equivalent to about 7 hours of sleep.
Oxygen therapy may assist with:
- Improves alertness, concentration and memory
- Improves blood circulation to the brain and activates the brain
- Improves strength, energy and endurance
- Increases the secretion of growth hormone
- Strengthens bones and joints to help prevent osteoporosis
- Relieves tension and stress relief
- Blood detoxification
- Improves immune system function
- Increases the white blood cells to fight infection
- Stimulates the growth of new blood vessels
- Relief from headaches, migraines and hangovers
- Improves heart and strengthens the lung
- Reduces fatigue and faster fatigue recovery
- Promotes sleeping patterns by influencing the parasympathetic nervous system
- Faster recovery after physical exertion
- Soft tissue injuries
- Boosts healing for anti-ageing
- Faster wound healing and slowed ageing process
- Improves metabolism and digestion by enhancing blood flow and lymph flow
- Relieved stiffness and swelling for effective post treatment recovery
- Reduced jet lag symptoms/frequent flying
- Skin rejuvenation.
About the AirPod Hyperbaric Capsule
It’s very exciting to bring this state-of-the-art Airpod mild hyperbaric oxygen capsule to Geelong, making oxygen therapy accessible and affordable for the general public. The AirPod capsule is safe for clients under the age of 18 – a parent or guardian is required to sign a consent form prior to the initial session. Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
Stress, injury and fatigue deprive the body of the oxygen it needs to function efficiently. The AirPod hyperbaric capsule does not add more concentrated oxygen to the environment, instead it uses the available oxygen in the atmosphere by increasing absorption into the blood stream by 35% to rejuvenate and repair damaged cells and tissues. It’s a method used to safely increase oxygen levels throughout the body, may assist with:
- Reducing swelling and inflammation to assist healing and post-treatment recovery
- Recovery from fatigue and injuries
- Relieving stress/anxiety
- Increasing energy levels
- Decreasing lactic acid
- Repairing soft tissue injuries
- Reducing dehydration
- Improving detoxification
- Improving concentration
- Increases collagen production
- Promoting healing – relieving muscle stiffness
- Reducing sleep deprivation and other lifestyle burdens
- Improving metabolic cell function to aid digestion
- Supporting and strengthening the immune system
- Autoimmune disease, arthritis, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, Lyme disease, rheumatoid arthritis
- Traumatic brain injury, memory loss, stroke
- Alzheimer’s, dementia, multiple sclerosis, and parkinson’s disease
- ADD/ADHD, autism
The commercial/hospital grade stainless steel and aluminium AirPod capsule is manufactured in Japan to treat one person at a time. Providing a non claustrophobic user friendly experience with features including: self-controlled operation, three pressure settings of 1.2, 1.3 and 1.35 ATA, three speed options, built-in ear clearing and a communication system. The AirPod reaches the highest pressure in less than five minutes, the pressure is similar to what you would experience on an aeroplane.
Clients lie down for greater comfort, its recommended wearing something loose and comfortable. Take your favourite book, phone, tablet and other electronic devices inside the capsule, listen to music, meditate or just relax and fall a sleep.
Please note that Confidere & Co recommends you consult with your physician if you are unsure before using the AirPod, this type of treatment does not replace medical advise.