Oxygen is essential for life and every cell in our body needs oxygen to function properly. Our body’s main energy source is oxygen and it’s necessary for the body’s metabolic processes.
90% of our body’s energy comes from oxygen, and the other 10% from food and water. Our brain requires 20% of our daily oxygen intake to function properly. Stress, injury, sleep deprivation and pollutions all deplete the body from oxygen which contributes to fatigue, lack of concentration and mental clarity.
Mild hyperbaric oxygen therapy uses atmospheric pressure to raise your body’s oxygen levels by 35% to regenerate and repair damaged cells, improve general wellbeing and stimulates the body’s healing process.
Red blood cells carry approximately 98% oxygen while plasma carries only 2%. Through pressure oxygen dissolves deep into blood plasma, increasing oxygen absorption and allowing to penetrate into body tissue, organs, brain, central nervous system and travels past any restriction of blood flow.
Low levels of oxygen or deficiencies can weaken the immune system leaving you prone to viruses and diseases. Increasing oxygen levels strengthens the immune system, increasing white blood cells to kill viruses, bacteria and other microbes that cannot survive in an oxygen enriched environment.
Symptoms of poor oxygen flow can include fatigue, sluggishness, anger, depression, and even premature ageing.
Oxygen therapy is becoming a popular and outstanding treatment for athletes to assist and enhance sports performance and speeds recovery time from injury.
Oxygen stimulates the growth of new blood vessels for improved blood flow, increases blood circulation to activate the brain for mental alertness. Speeds recovery time from fatigue and injuries including soft tissue injuries by 50%.
Besides the healing capacity of oxygen, 60 minutes of oxygen therapy is identical to 2 hours of aerobic exercise and fatigue recovery can be equivalent to about 7 hours of sleep.
The AirPod oxygen capsule is very safe for children and clients under the age of 18 – a parent or guardian is required to sign a consent form prior to the initial session. Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
Oxygen therapy may assist with:
- Improves alertness, concentration and memory
- Improves blood circulation to the brain and activates the brain
- Improves strength, energy and endurance
- Increases the secretion of growth hormone
- Strengthens bones and joints to help prevent osteoporosis
- Relieves tension and stress relief
- Blood detoxification
- Improves immune system function
- Increases the white blood cells to fight infection
- Stimulates the growth of new blood vessels
- Relief from headaches, migraines and hangovers
- Improves heart and strengthens the lung
- Reduces fatigue and faster fatigue recovery
- Promotes sleeping patterns by influencing the parasympathetic nervous system
- Faster recovery after physical exertion
- Soft tissue injuries
- Boosts healing for anti-ageing
- Faster wound healing and slowed ageing process
- Improves metabolism and digestion by enhancing blood flow and lymph flow
- Relieved stiffness and swelling for effective post treatment recovery
- Reduced jet lag symptoms/frequent flying
- Skin rejuvenation.
About the AirPod Hyperbaric Capsule
Confidere & Co makes oxygen therapy accessible and affordable for clients in Geelong and surrounding areas.
The AirPod hyperbaric capsule does not add more concentrated oxygen to the environment, instead it uses the available oxygen in the atmosphere by increasing absorption into the blood stream by 35% to rejuvenate and repair damaged cells and tissues.
The AirPod is a commercial/hospital grade stainless steel and aluminium capsule, manufactured in Japan to treat one person at a time. Providing a non claustrophobic user friendly experience with features including: self-controlled operation, three pressure settings of 1.2, 1.3 and 1.35 ATA, three speed options, built-in ear clearing and a communication system. The AirPod reaches the highest pressure in less than five minutes, the pressure is similar to what you would experience during take off and landing on an aeroplane.
Clients lie down for greater comfort, its recommended wearing something loose and comfortable. Take your favourite book, phone, tablet or other electronic devices inside the capsule, listen to music, meditate or just relax and fall a sleep.
Oxygen therapy treatments are 60 minutes at Geelong’s wellness studio.
Oxygen therapy may reduce the effects of chronic illnesses.
It’s a method used to safely raise oxygen levels throughout the body, may assist with:
- Reducing swelling and inflammation to assist healing and post-treatment recovery
- Recovery from fatigue and injuries
- Relieving stress/anxiety
- Increasing energy levels
- Decreasing lactic acid
- Repairing soft tissue injuries
- Reducing dehydration
- Improving detoxification
- Improving concentration
- Increases collagen production
- Promoting healing – relieving muscle stiffness
- Reducing sleep deprivation and other lifestyle burdens
- Improving metabolic cell function to aid digestion
- Supporting and strengthening the immune system
- Autoimmune disease, arthritis, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, Lyme disease, rheumatoid arthritis
- Traumatic brain injury, memory loss, stroke
- Alzheimer’s, dementia, multiple sclerosis, and parkinson’s disease
- ADD/ADHD, autism
For the ultimate in relaxation, rejuvenation or recovery, combine oxygen therapy with the Vital Dome infrared sauna, infrared cabin sauna, or HydroMassage. Combination passes are available to purchase online or in store.
Please note that this type of treatment does not replace medical advise.
Confidere & Co recommends consulting with your physician if you are unsure before using the AirPod.