Oxygen is essential for life and every cell in our body requires oxygen to function properly. The air we breath is normally approximately 21% oxygen, our body’s use this oxygen we breath to receive energy from the foods we eat.
90% of our body’s energy comes from oxygen, and the other 10% from food and water. Our brain is one of our largest organs and requires 20% of our daily oxygen intake to function properly. Stress, injury, lack of sleep and pollutions deplete the amount of oxygen the body receives which contributes to fatigue, lack of concentration and mental clarity.
Mild hyperbaric oxygen therapy uses atmospheric pressure to raise oxygen levels throughout the body to improve general well-being and stimulates the body’s healing process.
Our red blood cells carry approximately 98% oxygen while plasma carries only 2%. Through pressure oxygen is able to be dissolved into the blood plasma, increasing oxygen absorption and allowing the oxygen to penetrate into body tissue, organs, brain, central nervous system and travels past any restriction of blood flow.
Oxygen imbalances or deficiencies can weaken the immune system leaving you prone to viruses and diseases. Poor oxygen flow symptoms can include fatigue, sluggishness, anger, depression, and even premature ageing. The increased oxygen improves the immune system by increasing the white blood cells to kill viruses, bacteria and other microbes that cannot survive in an oxygen enriched environment.
Oxygen therapy is an outstanding treatment for athletes to assist and enhance sports performance. Our body’s are an extremely aerobic system, its important to match your oxygen supply to your metabolic demands to make energy. Oxygen stimulates the growth of new blood vessels for improved blood flow, increases blood circulation to activate the brain for mental alertness. Speeds recovery time from fatigue and injuries including soft tissue injuries by 50%.
Besides the healing capacity of oxygen, 60 minutes of oxygen therapy is identical to 2 hours of aerobic exercise and fatigue recovery can be equivalent to about 7 hours of sleep.
Oxygen therapy may assist with:
- Improves alertness, concentration and memory
- Improves blood circulation to the brain and activates the brain
- Improves strength, energy and endurance
- Increases the secretion of growth hormone
- Strengthens bones and joints to help prevent osteoporosis
- Relieves tension and stress relief
- Blood detoxification
- Improves immune system function
- Increases the white blood cells to fight infection
- Stimulates the growth of new blood vessels
- Relief from headaches, migraines and hangovers
- Improves heart and strengthens the lung
- Reduces fatigue and faster fatigue recovery
- Promotes sleeping patterns by influencing the parasympathetic nervous system
- Faster recovery after physical exertion
- Soft tissue injuries
- Boosts healing for anti-ageing
- Faster wound healing and slowed ageing process
- Improves metabolism and digestion by enhancing blood flow and lymph flow
- Relieved stiffness and swelling for effective post treatment recovery
- Reduced jet lag symptoms/frequent flying
- Skin rejuvenation.
About the AirPod Hyperbaric Capsule
Confidere & Co brings the state-of-the-art medical grade Airpod hyperbaric oxygen capsule to Geelong, making oxygen therapy accessible and affordable for the general public. The AirPod capsule is safe for clients under the age of 18 – a parent or guardian is required to sign a consent form prior to the initial session. Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
Stress, injury, sleep debrivation and fatigue deprive the body of the oxygen it needs to function properly and to make energy efficiently. The AirPod hyperbaric capsule does not add more concentrated oxygen to the environment, instead it uses the available oxygen in the atmosphere by increasing absorption into the blood stream by 35% to rejuvenate and repair damaged cells and tissues.
Oxygen therapy may reduce the effects of chronic illnesses.
It’s a method used to safely raise oxygen levels throughout the body, may assist with:
- Reducing swelling and inflammation to assist healing and post-treatment recovery
- Recovery from fatigue and injuries
- Relieving stress/anxiety
- Increasing energy levels
- Decreasing lactic acid
- Repairing soft tissue injuries
- Reducing dehydration
- Improving detoxification
- Improving concentration
- Increases collagen production
- Promoting healing – relieving muscle stiffness
- Reducing sleep deprivation and other lifestyle burdens
- Improving metabolic cell function to aid digestion
- Supporting and strengthening the immune system
- Autoimmune disease, arthritis, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, Lyme disease, rheumatoid arthritis
- Traumatic brain injury, memory loss, stroke
- Alzheimer’s, dementia, multiple sclerosis, and parkinson’s disease
- ADD/ADHD, autism
The AirPod is a commercial/hospital grade stainless steel and aluminium capsule, manufactured in Japan to treat one person at a time. Providing a non claustrophobic user friendly experience with features including: self-controlled operation, three pressure settings of 1.2, 1.3 and 1.35 ATA, three speed options, built-in ear clearing and a communication system. The AirPod reaches the highest pressure in less than five minutes, the pressure is similar to what you would experience during take off and landing on an aeroplane.
Clients lie down for greater comfort, its recommended wearing something loose and comfortable. Take your favourite book, phone, tablet or other electronic devices inside the capsule, listen to music, meditate or just relax and fall a sleep.
Oxygen therapy treatments are 60 minutes at Geelong’s wellness studio.
For the ultimate experience and to double the health benefits by combining oxygen therapy with the vital dome full body infrared sauna, or infrared cabin sauna. Combination passes are available in store and online.
Please note that this type of treatment does not replace medical advise. Confidere & Co recommends consulting with your physician if you are unsure before using the AirPod.