DHA is an omega-3 fatty acid that is essential for the development of a healthy brain, as well as nerves and eyes. DHA is especially important for healthy fetal and infant development, accumulating in a baby’s developing brain primarily during the third trimester of pregnancy through the first two years of life.
DHA supports a healthy pregnancy. Although the body can make some DHA, its conversion rate is low, so most DHA needs to be consumed in the diet. The primary dietary sources of DHA – fatty, cold-water fish aren’t heavily consumed in a western diet, so an omega-3 nutritional supplement can help a mother reach an optimal DHA level.
Thorne’s Prenatal DHA Benefits:
- Provides nutritional support for a healthy pregnancy
- Supports memory and mood – before, during, and after pregnancy
- Promotes normal fetal brain and nervous system development
- Supports metabolism by helping to maintain a healthy insulin response
- Promotes DHA levels in breast milk to support baby’s growth and development
- Supports immune function
- Helps maintain a healthy inflammatory response
- Promotes healthy heart function
Thorne’s Prenatal DHA Features:
- Provides 650 mg of DHA and 200 mg of EPA per serving
- Rosemary, mint, and mixed tocopherols help reduce fish burps and are gentle on the stomach for mothers who experience pregnancy-related nausea
- The easy-to-take gelcaps are smaller than most omega-3 supplements
- Tested for more than 250 environmental contaminants, including heavy metals, pesticides, dioxins, and PCBs
DHA by the numbers:
- Approximately 60 percent of a healthy brain is comprised of fat.
- DHA accounts for more than 90 percent of the fatty acids in the brain.
- DHA accounts for more than 90 percent of the fatty acids in the retina.
- Two lobes of the brain – frontal and prefrontal – rely heavily on DHA and are responsible for the ability to learn, problem solve, focus attention, and maintaining a positive mood.
- Most researchers recommend a minimum of 500 mg DHA + EPA daily.
Directions: Take 2 gelcaps daily or as recommended by your health care practitioner.
|DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid)||650mg|
|EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid)||200mg|
|Omega-3 Fatty Acids (EPA/DHA)||960mg|
|Other Ingredients: Antioxidant Blend (Vitamin E (mixed tocopherols) and Rosemary Extract), Gelatin (Bovine), Glycerin (Vegetable Source), Mint Flavor, Purified Water Gelcap|
Allergy Warning: This product is contraindicated in an individual with a history of hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients.
The omega-3 fatty acids in Prenatal DHA are derived from fish and/or shellfish.
Pregnancy: If pregnant, consult your health professional before using this product.
Interactions: There are no known adverse interactions or contraindications at publication date.
Disclaimer: The information on Confidere & Co’s website is not intended to self diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Always consult with a health care practitioner or doctor if you have any pre-existing medical condition or currently taking medication. Confidere & Co recommends you always read the label, warnings and interactions before use. Follow the directions and only use as directed. If symptoms persist please consult with a health care practitioner.