BACK IN STOCK 5/12
Individuals who are at the most risk for calcium inadequacy because of the decreased intake, disordered metabolism, decreased absorption, increased loss, or increased need include peri- and postmenopausal women, vegans, individuals who take certain prescription and OTC medications and those with vitamin D deficiency (because vitamin D is necessary for calcium absorption).Thorne’s DiCalcium Malate (DimaCal®), with 250 mg per capsule, is more concentrated than other forms of calcium and is absorbed significantly better than calcium carbonate.
Those individuals most at risk for inadequate calcium intake are:
– Peri-menopausal and post-menopausal women
– Women with irregular menstruation, particularly women in which this is due to prolonged athletic activity or strenuous military service
– Individuals on a dairy free diet
– Vegetarians and vegans, because their diets are higher in plant derived and oxalates that inhibit calcium absorption
– Pregnant women, particularly women with a history of gestational hypertension
– Individuals on prescription and OTC medications such as antacids (H2 blockers or proton pump inhibitors) that can inhibit absorption, or glucocorticoids such as prednisone that can increase calcium loss
– Individuals with a vitamin D deficiency, vitamin D is necessary for calcium absorption
Directions: Take 1 capsule two times daily or as recommended by your health professional.
|Calcium (Dicalcium Malate)||250mg|
|Other Ingredients: Hypromellose Capsule, Medium Chain Triglycerides|
Allergy Warning: This product is contraindicated in an individual with a history of hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients.
Pregnancy: If pregnant, consult your health professional before using this product.
Interactions: There are no known adverse interactions or contraindications at publication date.
Disclaimer: The information on Confidere & Co’s website is not intended to self diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Always consult with a health care practitioner or doctor if you have any pre-existing medical condition or currently taking medication. Confidere & Co recommends you always read the label, warnings and interactions before use. Follow the directions and only use as directed. If symptoms persist please consult with a health care practitioner.