Zinc is a super mineral, an essential micronutrient that is crucial to more than 200 enzymatic reactions and plays a key role in growth, immune function, testosterone metabolism, and numerous other functions in your body.
Clinical studies demonstrate zinc supplementation increases general wellness and has a beneficial impact on connective tissue, as well as reproductive and eye health.
Thorne’s Zinc Picolinate is bound to the organic acid picolinic acid which is naturally made in the body from the amino acid L-Tryptophan.
Thorne’s Zinc Picolinate benefits:
- Necessary for the development and function of the cells related to immune response
- Essential for activating white blood cells called T-lymphocytes (T-cells), that moderate the body’s inflammatory response during times of immune stress
- Studies have found that the antioxidant-promoting properties of zinc help mitigate oxidative stress, a process that damages cells and tissues that can lead to several chronic health conditions
- Promotes skin and eye health
- Supports the body’s normal production of testosterone, a hormone essential for building lean muscle mass
Directions: Take 1 capsule one to two times daily or as recommended by your health professional.
If pregnant, consult your health professional before using this product.
Interactions: Zinc can inhibit the absorption of copper. Long term zinc supplementation should include copper in a 15:1 ratio.